Opinionated news exctraction for all by that geeky accountant type guy...

Monday, June 14

IE vs. Firefox vs. Opera

I have now downloaded Firefox and can now compare it with opera and IE. Initialy I thought it was mozilla, which I downloaded at the begining of the year and since it was based on Netscape I didnt like it. However, Firefox is just a browser nothing else etc... Mozila is still around and is the whole email and browser and everything, and I think in the future mozila will adopt firefox as the browser in that package (if not already).

First thing you notice about firefox is that it loads pretty quickly and there arnt too many buttons etc, its realy quite simple. And hence you get more "browser space". You also get tabs which I like, as I used to use opera. The main point of a browser is its ability to load pages. Speed and accuracy and compatibility with internet things (flash, java, css etc...)

It is quick. Quicker than both opera and IE with IE comming last.

The only thing I find is that when I load up www.beancounting.tk it doesnt read the CSS quite right. How do I know this? 1. I made the CSS my self and both Opera and IE display it the same. So obviously firefox seems to be stuffing up. Also The side collumn font size is different to the main body and they use the SAME tags, or maybe something wrong with my code work... Feature in firefox are low, but thats a good idea since we all have our own pet programs that we like to use, so we dont realy need proprietary programs. It does have a download program, but I havent tested it yet [note to self test download program] but normaly I use LeachGet because its realy fast at downloading (I get 6+ consitantly on dial up). Firefox also loads tables (inc css2 table things) differently as it loads the fist collumn first then the second and so on, so you realy goto wait for the page to load first. But no big deal.

In all I think firefox is a great simple browser that does good browsing, and is fast at loading which is a pain with IE (each windows takes ages to load and takes up more memory) and Opera (initial start). Overall Firefox is better than Opera because it loads faster and is COMPLETLY FREE and has a very clean interface (althought opera is customisable it just takes too long to work it out) [Opera is more for people who like control over everything].

Click to get fire

Note: I downloaded Firefox yesterday morning and wrote this article yesterday evening, Apparently 9 hoursago Firefox 0.9 was released so just so you know, there is a new version like every freaking day....

Isnt it cool how D-news is current....

This is the bottom of the page