Opinionated news exctraction for all by that geeky accountant type guy...

Wednesday, May 25

OneGig@yahoo.com.au

I now have one gig of space on my yahoo account. Not really sure I care anymore becuase its basicly getting ridiculous and I this it would be hard for anyone to rack up a gig of legitamate email (Shouldnt really count attatchments....) Google also gives me infinity plus one. Which means unlimited storage. I wonder where they get all of this space from. Maybe thats why harddrives are getting a bit pricey at the moment... Just when I was thinking of upgrading. Not that its gona stop me.... Muwahaha... Not sure why I used the evil laugh. Not very appropriate when you think about it. Maybe instead of giving gigs of email space away, why not give us gigs of webspace... Like in the old days. Of course in the old days, didnt get a gig of webspace. Mainly got 10 to 25 megs. And if you wanted "more" space you could just open a new account. Maybe they should allow you to store pictures. In the space. Becuase flickr is kinda crap in that there is a monthly upload limit. And yahoo photos is stupid because of the lack of useability. I guess hello is kinda unlimited. In that you can upload as many posts to blogger... But its not in an album and not as good as flickr basicly.
Flickr really is the best out of all of them. Maybe just need to be able to upload more. Other then that its awsome. I am going to assume the upload limit is in place to kerb abuseive type useage. For people who go over board. But then you can just do what you did in the old days, and open another account with another email address. Yahoo even gives you this option to have multiple email address for signing up for such things.... So its not very hard to subvert the system.

This is the bottom of the page